Yoga, Bike & Hike in South Africa
Phone: 49 151 253 944 30
Adventure, Nature & Yoga around Cape Town and the Garden Route
South Africa offers the perfect environment to take in deep breaths, enjoy nature and recharge your batteries. Feel the connection to nature and calm down during yoga, cycling and hiking. Experience and enjoy yoga and nature while actively relaxing.
Travel highlights: Safari in the Botlierskop sanctuary, where you can see elephants, buffaloes, lions and many antelopes and zebras. On quiet side roads, we cycle from the wild coast of the Tsitsikamma National Park to the beautiful beach of Nature's Valley, we cycle through the vineyards around Hermanus, experience the Southern Right Whales while cycling along False Bay, go for a wine tasting, hiking on Table Mountain and on the unique Robberg Peninsula, and explore the Cape of Good Hope by bike.
October 28 to November 08, 2019
November 11 to November 22, 2019
January 27 to February 7, 2020
Capetown and the Garden Route, South Africa
Per person for Yoga classes, Biking & Hiking Tours and Safari, incl. 11-nights accommodation on a twin sharing basis (single accommodation surcharge 690,-€), transports with an air-conditioned minibus, qualified tour guide from African Bikers, meals as mentioned in the tour schedule, all entrance fees for sightseeing program:
- Early bird special through 28/04/19 2510,-€
- Regular bookings as of 29/04/19 2590,-€
- Bikes can be rented through African Bikers:
- Hybrid, MTB or E-Bike hire 65,-€
- All yoga sessions with Sandra Bicker
- Permanent qualified tour guide on the cycling routes and walks
- 4-star accommodation with breakfast in guesthouses, lodges and hotels
- Escort vehicle for transportation of bicycles and luggage
- Water and bananas for cycling and hiking
- 5 x picnic
We practice Yoga once or twice per day, each session of approximately 90 to 120 minutes. We adapt the yoga program to the excursions and accommodations. After longer drives, cycling tours or hikes we focus on stretching yoga exercises, to move and relax our bodies. Other days we start the day with invigorating breathing exercises and strengthening body postures. Yoga Beginners are also welcome.
Teacher, Sandra Bicker
Sandra is a certified Yoga Instructor with 720 hours of teacher training. She has studied and practiced Yoga since 2002 and continues to deepen her knowledge and understanding in a variety of Yoga and Yoga Therapy styles through ongoing trainings and workshops. Her classes include Pranayama (breathing techniques), classical Hatha Yoga Asanas (body postures), therapeutic sequences and deep relaxation. Sandra’s approach to teaching is mindful, loving, and focused throughout - the intensity of the class is crafted to match the class and location needs (sometimes more dynamic, sometimes more relaxing). Sandra has taken vocal training in Germany and India and often sings and plays harmonium when she leads Yoga retreats in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Accommodation, Transports and Food
- During our tour we are accommodated in three selected 4* accommodation (guesthouse, lodge or hotel) in Simonstown, Hermanus and Plettenberg Bay.
- Transports are by air-conditioned minibus.
- The South African cuisine is a unique fusion of many different external cultural influences (including Dutch, French, Indian and Malaysian flavours).
- Dinner and other lunches
- Alcoholic drinks